Saturday, October 3, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

I may or may not have an obsession with creating healthy versions of guilty indulgences lately. Which is great that they have been turning out because lately I have found my sweet tooth always wants something a little naughty and not very macro friendly. Truth be told if I always gave in I'd never reach my fitness goals. So I spent the morning creeping Pinterest looking at different varieties of protein balls. After trying a few out that totally failed I took it upon my self to use the things on my counter to create a healthy version of protein chocolate chip cookie dough bites. Wait what ... YES chocolate chip dough bites that are good for you! I'm in heaven they are the perfect size without any guilt or processed ingredients! 


1 Cup Oats
1 Cup Vanilla Perfect Fit protein powder or your favourite brand
16 Pitted dates
1 Cup peanut butter 
1/4 Cup dark chocolate chips
Splash of almond milk

1. Mix all ingredients (except the dark chocolate chips) in a blender until it represents a thick dough consistency.     2. Pour into a bowl and work in the dark chocolate chips. 
3. Roll into one inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
4. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or so.
5. Remove from parchment paper and place in a ziplock bag or air tight container and place back in the freezer. Enjoy 1-2 bites when desired.

Nutritional Facts (1 Ball)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
4.9g Protein / 5.5g Fat / 9.2g Carbs / 2g Fiber / 100 Calories

No comments:

Post a Comment