Saturday, October 17, 2015

Peanut Butter Quinoa Bars

Recently I found quinoa puffs at our local health food store (my current fave store, sorry home sense) and well I've mainly been using them for smoothie bowls and in my granola but I wanted to get more out of them, spice them up a little. Since peanut butter is one of my staple foods I was definitely planning on incorporating it some how. It made think to try a healthy peanut butter version of puff wheat squares or at least that my intentions. I ended up with a simple no bake Peanut Butter Quinoa Bar. YAY!


What you will need:

1 Cup light peanut butter
1/2 Cup organic honey 
3 cups of puffed quinoa 
Splash of vanilla 

1. Heat peanut butter and honey in a sauce pan until throughly combined and at a slight simmer.
2. Spray or line an 8 X 8 pan with non stick spray.
3. Pour all ingredients into the pan and level it out.
4. Place in the fridge over night. In the morning cut into 16 bars and place in an airtight container and back in the fridge. 
Now enjoy in moderation:)

Nutritional Facts ( 1 Bar)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
5g Protein | 6g Fat | 22g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 155 Calories 

2 comments:

  1. Can look at my blog to see nutritional facts of food at grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rice Krispie squares. This looks so yummy. I want to buy quinoa puffs now! Have you ever tried quinoa for breakfast? I saw a recipe today with chocolate and berries. Might make it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete