Tuesday, August 8, 2017

5 Day Freshii Juice Cleanse






 
 
So Freshii opened up at the end of June and to say we are a little obsessed may be an understatement. When I first visited I noticed their pamphlet on their juice cleanses and I knew I wanted to try them.
They call their 5 day cleanse option - focused and each day you pick up four juices (Green Energy, Carrot Zinger, Mighty Detox, Red Power) and a Metaboost Salad.
 
As promised I am going to share my thoughts on the 5 Day Cleanse I had done last week. The week before I had opted to do 3 day cleanse instead of their 5 day because we had friends coming up and knew there would be some social events that involved food and a few drinks. After 3 Days I was ready to do more but decided I would do it in the following weeks.
 
Welcome to Day One:
 
I woke up feeling great and decided today was the day. I drank some water while I waited to pick up my Freshii cleanse. I started with green energy, the taste is light and green around 9 am, not energy like coffee but I was good to go. A  couple hours later I had my carrot zinger, this one had a bit of the kick but still good and I continued on with my morning. Next up was my mighty detox this one I found to be very green the Courtney from a few years ago would not have been too happy but the current Courtney embraced the  very rich green tasting juice.  Next up was the red power and it smelt so earthy I wasn't excited, but it turns out it tasted way better than it had smelt, in fact it was my favourite one out of the bunch.  Next up was my metaboost salad, and you would thing that after drinking juices all day I would famished. But I wasn't hungry at all and the size of this salad is unreal. Keep in mind I drank flavoured all throughout the day.
 
                                   
 
( raspberry, lemon, lime, ginger, and cucumber)


 
Welcome to Day Two:
 
I woke up with a bit of a headache and way too early for my own good. I really should have picked up my cleanse the night before, because 5 o'clock in the morning seems hella far from 8 o'clock when your toddlers don't stop I drank some tea and a ton of water before Freshii was open. I continued the day spacing my drinks out 2 and a bit hours apart followed by my salad.
 

 


 
Welcome to Day Three:
 
Is this real life. I woke up feeling amazing and not a ounce of hunger. I had some water and headed out to pick up my cleanse. The day continued as the previous two, four juices, a salad, and all the water. Today was e a s y.
 

Welcome to Day Four:

Grumpy, Lazy Courtney awoke. Who in the hells idea was it to do a cleanse for more than three days. I`m hungry and have the worst bloating and stomach cramps.  But why. The last three day not even an ounce of temptation, no tummy ache or sever hunger. I moped around and drank my juices and ate my salad. Ok the days done tomorrow has to be better.

 
Welcome to Day Five:
 
Juices ? Hell to the no. I almost didn't pick up my cleanse on this day, but was sure I wouldn't hear the end of it from my husband. So I picked up my juices and drank the first two. this was the extend of day Five. My body was telling me I needed real food. ALL of the real food. so that what I gave it.


 
 
 
 
 
Now don't get me wrong, I may have just had a bug during the last two days of my cleanse, and it might be better (I am sure) for others who do all five days. But it wasn't for me. From now on out, if I ever have the urge to do another juice cleanse my max limit is 3 days. I think just adding in some juices to my weekly meal plan would be ideal. Having two busy children, while maintaining household chores, walking the dog and working out I think the caloric intake was simple not enough. And that's ok. Do I feel like a failure for not finishing my last two juices and salad? Nope. Would I have before? you bet I would have pretended like I killed the cleanse and finished all the way to the end. Its important to listen to our bodies. It also important to tell the truth and accept it. I am not a five day juice cleanse doer. Simple as that.





Focused | 5 Day Cleanse | $135

No comments:

Post a Comment